The Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TSTCM) is dedicated to the promotion, education and service of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in order to benefit the health of the general public, as well as gain recognition and acceptance of TCM as a primary health care profession in Canada.
Our mission is to enable all students to reach high levels of achievement and to acquire the knowledge, skills, and values they need to become responsible members of a democratic society.
- Each and every student.
- A strong public education system.
- A partnership of students, schools, family, and community.
- The uniqueness and diversity of our students and our community.
- The commitment and skills of our staff.
- Equity, innovation, accountability, and accessibility.
- Learning environments that are safe, nurturing, positive, and respectful.
To accomplish our mission, we have established the following objectives:
- To provide excellent professional training to our students with the most comprehensive curriculum in TCM, acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and tuina massage through outstanding faculty and strong leadership.
- To prepare our graduates so that they succeed in their licensing exams, and subsequently become qualified and successful primary health care providers.
- To provide continuing education in advanced professional studies, support research and promote life-long learning.
- To provide a supportive and educational environment conducive to personal growth and academic advancement.
- To provide accessible and flexible learning opportunities in response to the needs and interests of students.
- To promote the integration of TCM and its modalities into the mainstream health care system as a complementary discipline.
- To provide high quality professional TCM services to the community.