he Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine has always maintained the highest standards for itself and its faculty. Our guiding principles, outlined below, act as our compass, ensuring that students and clinic patrons remain a focal point in the education and care we deliver:
Our Guiding Principles are:
- To select instructors who are highly qualified, enthusiastic, and committed to teaching future generations of TCM practitioners.
- To present TCM theory, diagnostics, and treatments in a systematic format. We give students a firm theoretical foundation on which to build the practical skills necessary for a high level of professional practice.
- To emphasize hands-on learning for practical skills such as diagnostic methods, point location, needling, and manipulations. This is accomplished through demonstration, extensive supervised clinical practice, and practical examinations.
- To present a wide variety of treatment modalities that have been accepted throughout TCM history. This will enable students to make an informed choice with respect to their own practice preferences and the individual needs of their patients when delivering treatment.
- To closely monitor the knowledge and skills required for licensing or certification examinations in various jurisdictions in North America, so that we can adjust our curriculum accordingly and continue to experience high success rates for graduate certification.
- To present courses with flexible schedules appropriate for both working and full-time students.
- To provide clinical training that builds on classroom theory, ensuring both a high level of professional competence and confidence in our graduates, and safe and effective TCM health care for the general public.